Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ölands Djurpark

***For some reason my photos are not fitting on the page - so you have to click on each photo to see the full view ... sorry!! :(

Today was sooo much fun!! Ron knows how much I love animals - so today he took me to a zoo off an island in Sweden! Its called 'Ölands Djurpark' The first word is the name of the island and the second word means animal park.

We took some pictures, so here they are!

Here I am at the entrance of the park......


Here is a picture of the statue at the front of the zoo, its a clown holding a mouse in his hand that looks just like Mickey Mouse. We are pretty sure that Disney would not approve...hahaha...

I seriously cannot explain how close we were to the animals, these animals could DEFINITELY jump out of their areas if they wanted to - there was just a mote and a short wall separating us...so we were actually a little scared! Here are some cute monkeys - the one on the left is a baby! :)


Look at this BEAR!!! Neither of us have ever been so close to a bear before - he was like 50 feet in front of us!



We saw soooo many cute little monkeys!


Here is the Lion, he was in a pretty large cage - thankfully. He was pretty nappy.


This was THE cutest monkey - not just because he is little and fluffy, but because he was OBSESSED with Ron! What ever side of the cage that Ron would walk to - he would run to that spot! And Ron even walk around the whole cage and this little guy ran around the whole thing following him - it was sooo cute!


We were checking out some Hyenas and all of a sudden these llamas got really scared and were staring at the Hyenas. We dont know why they were freaking out, but they looked really cute anyways. :)


MEERKATS! I watch Meerkat Manor sometimes so I was dying when I saw these little guys - they are WAY smaller in person than you would expect! And we got to be really close to them, there was one standing right by my foot on the other side of the fence! :)





We also saw Lemurs and I touched one of their hands!! It was soo adorable but when I got out the camera they ran off...:( So, not pictures of them. I should have taken more pictures, but I did take some pictures of one of our most memorable moments.....


.... the Tiger! This tiger was so close - we were in disbelief - and kindof scared. I mean, that tiger at the San Francisco zoo that jumped out of its area and killed that boy had a 20 foot moat and an 18 foot wall.....at this zoo, the tiger was behind a moat and a wall - no fence, but it really looked like nothing. We might as well have been in the same area! But, it made for great pictures :)






We had sooo much fun today - I want to go there every Saturday!!



No comments: