Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Years !!!!

I hope everyone had a great New Years ! We had a great time last night.Originally we were going to spend New Years at Jacks house - but because everyone does fireworks Jack was worried about his dogs.So we went to Roberts girlfriends apartment at around 7pm and made tacos and listened to music while people were showing up.It was really fun.
I would say that we had a small group of about ten people.I was suprised to see that the other girls there were wearing fancy dresses ! And the guys had on button up shirts and blazers .We thought it was funny because it seemed like we were going to prom later or something - haha!! I never seem to know when its appropriate to dress up or not ! But I was happy because I had just gotten the sweater I was wearing and I was dying to wear it!
I actually made friends with Roberts girlfriend and another girl at the party ( pictured below ) named "Lotta" .Her name is actually longer - but its really hard to pronounce so she said to call her Lotta.Its sounds like lah - dah when you say it . Anyways she was so cute because she is trying to learn to speak English and I told her I want to speak Swedish - so we said that we will teach each other!! She is really nice and she was telling me that she loves the way Americans sound and she loves the way English sounds.And another swede last night also told me that it was considered "cooler" to speak English with an American accent and not a British accent.I guess in school they are taught to speak English with a British accent.Anyways so her and I really hit it off and were talking all night - I was really happy to have made a friend!!
Alot of the night we spent at the apartment at a table eating and drinking and talking with all the Swedish people about all kinds of stuff.Mostly talking about the difference between America and Sweden.Swedish people always look at Ron and I like we are crazy to have left exciting California for boring Sweden! We try to explain that there are lots of pros and cons to living in California and America in general.At about 11:30 a lot more people showed up and we all walked in a group down to the water.It was crazy because people were walking from everywhere - tons of people - down to the water to watch fireworks!! We had a guy with us who had actually made a bunch of fireworks himself!! It was awesome - like Disneyland times ten! Definitely a surreal moment - being in Sweden by the water with tons of people watching fireworks go off - really amazing.At midnight everyone was hugging and yelling "Happy New Year!!!".I think this was the best New Years I have ever had.
So here are the pictures below.The one where it looks like nothing was me trying to take pictures of all the people and the fireworks!! Haha. That didn't really work out . =)








No comments: