Sunday, January 14, 2007
Sweden has hurricanes ?
Alright , so we don't have snow just yet - but we do have wind. It is soo windy right now that trees are falling down and an entire town near us ( the town Jack lives in ) has no electricity right now.The news has southern Sweden on red alert and is recommending that people stay indoors and avoid driving and taking public transportaion.We really did not expect this.Today Ron was helping Jack move some furniture from a friends house to Jacks house and they saw trees laying in the road and when Jacks electricity went out they decided to come to the apartment and hang out here.I had no idea how windy it was outside because the windows here are so advanced that no sound comes through and the windows are thick so they dont shake .I decided to go to the grocery store and it was really strange because it was like a ghost town outside and no one was grocery shopping and its Sunday!! Well when I was walking home with grocerys I realized why no one wanted to go grocery shopping! I seriously felt like the wind was going to blow me away! Haha.I am really suprised my grocery bags didnt fly out of my hands! Well , after that I decided to stay inside. So Ron and Jack came here to the apartment and we have all been hanging around.We looked up a local Swedish website and we got this picture ... pretty scary.This is a picture of a tree that fell and smashed a bus stop.This happened earlier today and Ron and Jack actually drove past it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment