Amsterdam has an interesting set up - it has canals running through the city .Here are some pictures so you can get a better idea of what it looks like .


What is also interesting is that a long time ago the buildings were taxed based on how wide they were so the buildings are very tall and skinny .

The buildings are actually so skinny that in order to get your furniture into the building you need to anchor it in using a hook/pulley installed on the roof and bring the furniture in through the window !




I guess in Amsterdam people love riding bicycles.

Ron said the road situation was pretty confusing. Its not exactly clear which area is designated for walking / driving / bicycles / trains ... and it seems from the pictures that people just do whatever they want.




Ron ordered a hamburger and this is how it came...haha. He did say that all the food he ate there was really good.


Oh and you are probably wondering about tulips ... Ron said there were lots of small tulip shops .

He also saw these - these are for people to pee in !! Men I would assume ... haha.Strange.Who would want to use one of these ... ick.



Here is a cool building Ron saw .


Ron also did some shoe shopping on his trip .Karlskrona only has two shoe shops , and neither of them carry a very good selection . If I would have known there was going to be shoe shopping on this trip maybe I would've gone!! haha.


Here are some more pictures around town.






Here are pictures of Ron's hotel and hotel room .




View out the window ..


Okay this is funny. Its a basketball hoop TV showing a TV with a guy playing pool ... I know - it doesn't make any sense. And the guy in the picture is Ron's co worker.

Ron had a great time in Holland - I hope you like the pictures!





No comments:
Post a Comment