Here are some pictures of it on a normal day just so you can get an idea of what it looks like...




Now here are some pictures of the room prepped and ready for painting....
Here is where I got started with the painting... the closet doors are almost finished now

That's all Ive got for now - I have one layer of paint on the whole room and I plan to do another coat but I had to stop for a week because I got injured....opening a can of paint.This is the second time Ive had a bad experience opening a can of paint - I don't understand why I cant do it, but every time I try I get really hurt. The first time I tried I just got really frustrated and was peeling back all the edges and my hands started bleeding and I nearly had a mental breakdown.
Then this most recent time I was trying to open the can with a screwdriver like Ron showed me and I was prying at part of the can when my hand slipped and hit the can and the sharp edge cut my middle finger and took off a chunk of my thumb! It hurt so bad I almost passed out! My hand was bleeding alot and I couldnt even look at it without almost throwing up. So, now its been almost a week of not having use of my right hand thumb - which I never realised, but I use this thumb alot!
So the moral of the story is - I am never opening (trying to open) a can of paint again.
PS - My thumb is doing a lot better now :)





1 comment:
Hi Ron & Courtney!
I think BOTH of your paintings look really good! If Ron made another one and put it on the wall that's adjacent to the one he already put up, it would give that space a nice sense of balance. :-)
Love,
Nancy Mom
Post a Comment